Our Science Process Outline
We have four levels of investigation:
Science Formation Process In the process we have four levels of investigation:
- Discovery of new knowledge (what we’re talking about) identifying the furniture
- Development of ways to talk about new knowledge (new logics)
- Application of rules of logic (to create recipes for understanding the new knowledge)
- New insights based on coherence of new foundations applied as guide for emerging new world-view
- New-world view, old ways fall away
New experience and knowledge identified, seen, and created through art and artists, among others who explore the edge of what is known, that which has not taken habit in the realm of mainstream world view. In parallel identification and creation of new formalisms as in new logics in mathematics and sign systems.
Theoretical Philosophy Development: Identifying the furniture, developing the foundation of metaphysics. Talking about it to share it with others to get observer community looking at this new experience, not having it come just from one person so that enough people are aware of the same processes. This process leads to the development of a philosophy of meta-physics.
A logic language (formalism) is developed called the rules of procedures. (sign systems, life-itself logics). Theoretical Tools for specific science begins. Primitives are established.
Transition from philosophical to scientific theory. Tools are then used to develop thought recipes and applied to specific disciplines such as:
- autopoeisis, Varela and Maturana
- axiology, Robert Hartman
- semiotics, Charles Peirce
- mathematical biology, Robert Rosen
Discovery of commonalties that become the meta-principles/laws for which we are searching.
Members of the observer community can precisely understand each other = preparation for a new science.
At the same time, in parallel, Empirical Philosophy Research is taking place
To pose questions to reality such as:
Observations of organisms to learn how they act, identify acts/functions and to see implications in various living domains:
A health problem A business failure Peace solutions Economy Management Ecological care of natural resources
Combine the theoretical and empirical philosophical research to form a new science
Applications research goes on indefinitely, applying the meta principles for guiding processes for different sectors of life and society.
New Foundations for new thinking about reality
- Process metaphysics (Whitehead)
- Rules of Logic for how to arrange the acts of process
- Modern Physics: General relativity, Quantum theory
Old Foundations for scientific materialism
- Substance metaphysics (facts, things, objects)
- Traditional logics for how to arrange things or objects
- Newtonian Physics